In This Month's Newsletter:
- Muni Operating Hours & Annual Permit Link
- Beginner, Intermediate, & Advanced Clinics
- Muni Open Play & Afternoon Court Rental Information
- Muni Pickleball Court Etiquette & Open Play Guidelines
- Dynamite Pickleball Newsletter
- Lessons/Clinics & Instructors Directory
- Tennis/Pickleball Sneaker Recycling Program
- Discount Coupon Codes for Clothing, Paddles, Balls, & Accessories
- In Memoriam - Jim Paradis
- Lost & Found Box
- Links to Group Website & Facebook Pages
Muni Operating Hours/Play Schedule
Gates open daily at 8:00 AM
Play begins daily at 8:30 AM
Every Day 8:30AM - Sunset: Open Play on all courts (See exception below).
Two Pickleball courts will be available to reserve 7 days a week from 12pm-5pm.
(Rental instructions below)
All other times are considered Open Play.
There is a $5 Daily Use Fee for visiting players who do not hold an annual pass.
Gates Close at Sunset!
Please begin exiting the courts by then to ensure that your car doesn't get locked inside.
to verify that courts are open!
Annual Passes - (Best Value)!
- Purchase your new pass online CLICK HERE
- New passes valid from date of purchase through June 30, 2023.
Pickleball Instructional Clinics (All Skill Levels)
Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced classes are available for November and December. These classes sell out quickly and it's recommended that you sign up ASAP!
Additional questions? Please contact Instructors Dave and Tracy Wilcox:
Muni Pickleball Court Etiquette & Open Play Guidelines
Singles matches, practice, drills, instruction, private round-robins, or ladders are prohibited if others are waiting to use courts.
Players interested in joining OPEN PLAY should find a court where the level of play matches their ability.
Enter the court between points, and wait on the bench until the current game ends.
Players waiting on the bench rotate in and players on court rotate out after each game to 11 (win by 2).
Players may not refuse to allow others to rotate in based on perceived skill level or for any other reason.
ONE player waiting: the winning team stays for the next game; waiting player rotates in.
TWO players waiting: the winning team stays for the next game; the losing team vacates the court (or wait on the bench for the next game); waiting challengers come on to play.
THREE or FOUR players waiting: an equal number of players from the prior game vacate the court at the conclusion of the game; waiting players come on to play. When players are waiting, winners of two consecutive games must sit out one game, or move to another court.
Muni Court Rental Information
Players interested in renting a court may do so online
- Two Pickleball courts (courts 11 & 12) will be available to reserve 7 days a week from 12pm-5pm. Court rental fee is $15 per hour. All other times are considered open play.
- If not reserved, the 2 Pickleball courts revert to open play courts.
City sponsored classes, clinics, camps, tournaments, leagues and court reservations have priority.
- Instructors providing private instruction and charging a player fee are required to rent a court in advance. 4 player maximum.
How To Rent a Court at Muni
- Courts may be rented a maximum 14 days in advance.
- Courts must be rented a minimum 2 days in advance. No last minute rentals accepted.
- Players may rent a court here:
Select: FACILITY BOOKING
Select: SPORTING VENUES
Select MUNI PICKLEBALL COURT RENTAL
Note: No refund provided if you rent a court and do not use. Players renting a court shall print or save a copy of their permit as proof of rental. Show permit to monitor at check-in and present a copy to any players using the rented court during the reserved time period.
Dynamite Pickleball Newsletter
For information about clinics, tournaments, and rental courts at Earl Warren Showgrounds, please click here to see the Dynamite Pickleball newsletter.
Please note that Dynamite Pickleball & Earl Warren Showground Courts are not affiliated with Santa Barbara's Parks & Recreation Department. Additional fees apply for services offered by Dynamite Pickleball.
Lessons/Clinics and Instructor Directory
For info about clinics or lessons please contact:
Shannon Minne - (805) 708-2264 Richard Pastoria - (661) 607-5429 Diana Andonian - (805) 455-6293